Students utilized the core of design theory to guide their way into a series of assignments that even though are an entry-level, can be portfolio-ready with some minor tweaks.
With an emphasis on the Elements of Art, Principles of Design, and the early stages of Compositional Theory, students create a variety of interesting layouts spanning from independent compositions to multi-page arrangements.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will:
• Identify the aesthetics of graphic design.
• Demonstrate proficiency with vector based software.
• Utilize current hardware and software to develop projects for print and the web.
• Show proficiency in designing independent compositions such as logos and letterforms.
• Single-page compositions such as promotional covers and posters.